Saturday 17 August 2013

Coast to Coast to Coast Day 8 - Cayton to Hutton Cranswick

 difficult day today, very very windy with gusts that wobbled the bike! I was having to pedal to go downhill, I don't think I got out of bottom cog much all day. I cycled first to Bridlington to pick up the start point of 'Way of the Roses'  

Way of the Roses start on Bridlington Prom. 170 miles to go.

Bridlington Bay with Flamborough Head in the background.

Overcast all day with some rain for the last 5 miles from Great Driffield to Hutton Cranswick. Great camping spot tonight though, I'm in the beer garden of the pub "The White Lion" at Hutton Cranswick, There is only the pub facilities but they are not charging for the camping as I'm eating in the pub....result, I don't mind being smelly for a night.
I picked up my first injury today, two toes have gone numb and are red and swollen, they have been feeling a bit sore all day. I think it must be a stress injury from pedalling as I can't think what else would have caused it, I may have to put some padding in my shoe or cycle in my sandals tomorrow.

Statistics :
Distance today 72.5km (45.1 miles)
Total Distance 421km (261.6 miles)
Distance still to go - 234km (145.7 miles)
Height climbed 525m
Total climbed 5176m
16.8km/hr average
48.9km/hr maximum
Number of hills pushed up ... None :-)
First injury.

No comments:

Post a Comment