Friday 16 August 2013

Coast to Coast to Coast Day 7 - Whitby to Cayton

Today was supposed to be a rest day but the Youth Hostel in Whitby is full tonight and I only did a half days cycle yesterday so today I'm off to Scarborough.
Set off from the hostel at 10.00, joined the Whitby to Scarborough cycle route "the Cinder Track" a disused railway line that is now a family friendly off road route. It was rough in places but rideable on a loaded touring bike if you take it easy, I think it would be quite easy to pop a spoke on this track, some parts were a good surface but some parts were difficult going.

Looking back to Robin Hoods Bay

The route through Scarborough was reasonably well signposted but traffic was fairly heavy around the railway station. Anyway I was soon through the traffic and onto South Cliff promenade at the top of the cliff. I pushed my bike along the prom in the sunshine looking at the view. I decided to camp at Cayton village and relax for the rest of the afternoon.

Scarborough South Bay

Camp at Cayton Village

Statistics :
Distance today - 41.17km (25.5 miles)
Total Distance - 348.4km (216.5 miles)
Height climbed - 347m
Total height climbed - 4651m
Average speed - 13.3km/hr
Max speed - 54.7km/hr

No comments:

Post a Comment