Tuesday 13 August 2013

Coast to Coast to Coast - Day 3 - Monday 12th - Kendal to Kirkby Stephen

Rained off and on all night. Things are a bit damp this morning.
I had a good nights sleep...didn't wake until 0900. Brilliant , late and I haven't even set off yet.
Feeling a bit stiff in unusual places. I'm having difficulty cocking my leg over the bike, ah well we,ll just see how it goes.cycled back through Kendal to rejoin the route. The heavens opened, absolutely lashing down even the trees couldn't protect me today. Heavy rain lasted about an hour then intermittent heavy showers all day. No sooner removed my waterproofs then i was putting them back on again...too hot between the showers just to leave them on. Today is harder going than yesterday, short steep hill that were hard enough just walking up never mind trying to cycle.
Arrived at Kirkby Stephen 1800, quite a hard day even though it was shorter than yesterday.

Passing rain cloud near Kendal.

Statistics:

Distance today - 56.14km (35 miles)
Total Distance - 144.21km (90 miles)
Ht climbed today - 1151
Total Climbed so far - 2274m
Average speed - 13.3km
Max speed - 59.7km

No comments:

Post a Comment