Monday 6 June 2011

Potfest Preparations

I have spent most of the weekend making frames for my series of Raku tile pictures, I also completed a raku firing late last night, five sets of tiles fired and no breakages! Then up at 0430 this morning for a drive through to Aberdeen where I'm doing some freelance design work. Its been a long tiring day.

I'm making landscape images from groups of five raku tiles, they need firing together and removing from the kiln in as short a period as possible so that they colours on all five tiles match each other, too big a gap and I get greens and blues instead of copper colours. Anyway they all turned out OK and are proving quite popular, a bit more contemporary than my usual output.

We will be in a bit of a panic on Wednesday night...... after I drive home from Aberdeen there will be lots to be done, assembling tiles into frames, packing things up and loading the discovery for the trip down to Scone Palace on Thursday ready for Potfest. Potfest is a weekend ceramics event with about 100 potters and ceramic artists from the UK and the rest of Europe. Its fantastic to see so many different ways to make something beautiful out of mud. Its open on Friday, Saturday and Sunday if you are close enough and fancy a brilliant day out. www.potfest.co.uk for more info.
Scone Palace will make a nice change from the rather smelly cattle marts of Perth and Stirling, the previous venues. I'm hoping to find time to do some sketching around the palace grounds while we are there.
I'm too tired to write more now.............its 'time for bed' said Zebedee of magic roundabout fame.
I will add a couple of pics of my raku tiles in my next entry....possibly wednesday evening if there is time between finding the camping gear and packing the car.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 comment:

  1. Hope the event goes well. We were hoping to get up but might not now.

    ReplyDelete