Tuesday 30 July 2013

Blog Resurrection

I'm trying to resurrect my blogging. I didn't do too well last time, I didn't get into a routine so once the gallery and life in general got busier it fell by the wayside. Anyway I must try harder.
I've been painting more "en Plein air" this year as I was finding my paintings were starting to lack a bit of "sparkle". It's been going OK, I've been working in oils and in watercolour. The watercolour results have been encouraging but the oils are lacking something, I can't quite get the results I'm looking for....ah well I will keep practicing. Here are two of my "en Plein air" watercolours from a couple of months ago. The first is 'Lochnagar' from the road between Crathie and Gairnsheil Lodge. The second is 'The Cairngorms Northern Corries' from near the campsite at Glenmore.

No comments:

Post a Comment