Friday 18 July 2014

Shetland and Fair Isle Summary.

Ive been a bit lazy with my blog of late so this post is to start to bring everyone up to date with things.
I was on Shetland and Fair Isle for 15 days in total, 4 of those on Fair Isle. The weather was great apart from two days, (fogbound at Tingwall Airport for a day while trying to get to Fair Isle, and one very wet day at Eshaness where it rained heavily for about 20 hours and my camper van roof leaked).
The Shetland and Fair Isle landscape was fantastic and everyone I met were extremely friendly and welcoming. I sketched lots of Puffins but didn't get to see any otters, I think I will need to get a local guide next time. All in all a very enjoyable trip….I will return at some point next year.
 Fair Isle Airstrip.

 The Fair Isle Airplane

 Puffins - Fair Isle
 Furze - Fair Isle
Furze - Fair Isle. From the other side of the bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment