Tuesday 13 May 2014

Shetland and Fair Isle Painting Trip Day 2


The 'sleeping pod' was great, had a good sleep even though only 6 hours. It was quite a calm crossing so that was a relief, the last time in these waters I was on an adventure sailing trip and it was force 11 !
Disembarked at 0730 ...the police were out in force searching vehicles as they left the ship, I must have an honest face as I was only held up for a couple of questions, either that or they didn't fancy the idea of searching a fully loaded camper van. My first stop was Tingwall airport to check out the parking ready for my Fair Isle stay. I drove down to Sumbrugh Head to try to see and sketch some Puffins. There were a few about but not as many as I had hoped, ended up spending the whole day there and decided to park up overnight. I parked up beside the lighthouse and was presented with a memorable sunset to give me a fitting end to a nice sunny day. I had to lower the camper roof during the night ad I didn't relish getting blown off the cliff.
Just hold still while I try to sketch.


No comments:

Post a Comment