Saturday 14 May 2011

My first blog entry

For my first posting I'd better bring you up to date with all thats happening around the place. Im busy getting our gallery fully stocked with work ready for summer, that way I don't have to spent all summer playing catch-up.
There are a couple of painting commissions to finish that have been hanging around for a while now. The first is a derelict cottage near Tomintoul for a couple whose family/ancestors used to farm there, it now has a tree growing through the roof, quite sad really. The second is a large pastel of a fantastic view from the shore of Loch Garten for a local guest house owner. I tried to paint it early one morning last summer but couldn't get into position due to a film crew setting up for a Chris Packham TV interview. I need to get back there in the next few weeks.

There are also a couple of chainsaw carved benches still to do, both based on "The owl and the pussycat" nursery rhyme. Im buy slicing up big logs this weekend to make the seats and backrests for these. I will post a pic "of one I did earlier" when I find it.

At the moment Im supposed to be catching up on paperwork before my big trip next week - Im off on a 10 day sailing/sketching/painting trip from Lossiemouth to Oban via Orkney, Fair Isle, Shetland, the Western Isles, Skye, Rum and Mull. The trip is organised by 'Elite Sailing' based at Chatham. I've done a few trips with them over the years and always have a fantastic time. They do a circumnavigation of the UK and Ireland every year split up into 7 to 10 day sailing trips, Im planning to do the full circumnavigation over the next 3 or 4 years. I will be sketching and painting enroute, maybe I will try to write and illustrate a book. Who knows? Anyway thats a long way off, I will see how this trip goes first as it may be a bit rough through the Pentland Firth and around Cape Wrath. Im hoping to do a couple of blog postings while Im away. Thats all for now I've got to get this paperwork finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment